50 hrs in Ashtanga and Yoga Anatomy
16th to 28th October 2022
11th to 15th September 2023
Our Yoga Anatomy Course in Liverpool is aimed at practitioners and yoga teachers, this course is ideal if you are looking to deepen your anatomical knowledge in order to develop an Ashtanga Vinyasa practice and teaching skills. It is ideal for personal trainers who would like to gain more knowledge in this area. We are pedantic about the anatomical technicalities of each and every posture and transition along with movement. Self-confessed ‘anatomy geeks,’ we have learnt anatomy though practice, injury, achieving and failing physical goals; from understanding what works and what doesn’t; and most of all, through sheer dedication to practice and studies. From die hard Ashtangees to a Vinyasa Flow fanatics to a Rocket Yoga junkies to fitness lovers, we share our anatomical journey with you!
This is a module from our 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training or can simply be used as 50 hrs of Continuing Professional Development. If you are looking to get certified as a yoga teacher, join 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training in Ashtanga Vinyasa and Yoga Anatomy. This anatomy course is ideal if you have a regular practice and are familiar with Ashtanga Yoga or Vinyasa Flow. If you are already 200 hrs certified and want more anatomy, this will allow you to explore not just your physicality but that of your peers. We are all different and this concept will be explored in detail.
Yoga Course Objectives
- The Skeletal Muscular System
- Origin and insertion to determine muscle functionality
- Movement of the hip, shoulder, spine and knee joints
- Shoulder, spine and hip stability
- Posture analysis
- Understanding direction and intention of key postures
- Strengthening and stretching techniques
- Common yoga injuries and prevention
- Building a technical commentary with precise cuing for a yoga class
The course will be centred around the postures of Ashtanga and Rocket Vinyasa. You will learn the content of the course through theory, exploration and practice. With heaps of time allocated to posture analysis, you will really reap the benefits of achieving good posture through yoga. With a morning practice of Ashtanga or Vinyasa Flow, students will have the opportunity to explore the skeletal muscular system through practice with a very anatomical and technical commentary provided throughout the practice.
This course will run Monday to Friday as follows:
- 8 to 10am Ashtanga Yoga Explored (Primary and Intermediate Series)
- 10 to 11.30am Brunch
- 11.30am to 2.30pm Anatomy Workshop and Posture Analysis
- 2.30 to 3.30pm Lunch
- (3.30 to 4.30pm Technical Workshop including Hip Opening, Inversions, Backbending and Shoulder Stability)
50 hr course tuition
Studio facilities and use of equipment
To book onto this course, please email me though my contact page. Or call or What’s App me on 07916 680 248.